Those who had the experience of having confinement nannies have loads of stories to tell. Here are some ways to manage the stress of someone foreign in culture and language living with you for 1 whole month!
1. Divert topics to 'how cute your baby is' when your confinement nanny starts nagging you about how things should be done the traditional way aka her way. My confinement nanny loves Nat's eyes and are always mesmerised by them =) She always says in Chinese, "Oh what big eyes you've!"
2. Get your husband to speak to her about doing things your way when she doesn't listen to you. Most husbands are 'aunty killers' so they can handle the confinement nanny really well.
3. Even when the doctor didn't say it, just say, "The doctor said..." when the confinement nanny doesn't believe in your parenting methods. My confinement nanny herself taught me this strategy! Haaa.
4. Pour out your anguish to a good friend who understands the pains of having a confinement nanny. Thank you Rach and Xueyan for listening to my woes!
5. Be mindful that there is still hope to change the way that things are usually done by the confinement nanny so don't be too stressed up about having things done your way. With prayer and perseverance, your baby will change to suit your style when the nanny has left =)